Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dear Best Friend...

It seems like lately we’re not even friends anymore. One second you’re around, the next you are gone. You’re rarely ever there for me and when I look back I wonder if you ever were. I see all the times I paid for things you did and kept my mouth shut when I shouldn’t have, and you never repaid me for that. Not that I keep a record, but it hurts to see how much you don’t even care to repay me for the months of my life I lost because I lied for you, and stayed back while you got your freedom. Sure, you told them all about the boy, but not the drugs you took, the cigarettes you smoked. No, you let me take the blame for that. I wish I could let go of all that but you just don’t seem sorry so I can’t. I want to move on, but you show me over and over again that I’m your back up. I’m here when those people drop you. The ones who don’t care about you, and never would they way I do. The ones you give yourself away to because I’m just not good enough for you. So forgive me if I seem cold. But you just can’t understand me. There’s so many things I can’t tell you because you just wouldn’t understand. I’m sorry..

Love forever,

Your Soldier.

No comments: