Thursday, September 30, 2010

OMGGGGG

So this guy. He's not the one I've been talking about. He's actually more important.
Background: He's been my brother's best friend since he started high school (when I was 12). He's flirted with me since then. Yeah a little perv most of the time and annoying. Either way. We've had a love hate relationship since the beginning.

Long story short, he went away into the navy. He's rarely around. But a few weeks ago he visited, and I texted him saying "come over some time before you leave and I'll make you caesar salad ;)" because when we were all in high school I used to make salad and he'd eat right out of the big bowl because he liked it so much.

So from a little hearsay here and there I heard that he took that small message and favor a little more seriously than I'd meant it, but nothing came out of it so life moved on.

My brother today told me that he got a message from this guy yesterday that went something to the effect of:

"I'm gonna be visiting around thanksgiving for about five days. I want to take your sister out on a date to thank her for the dinner she made me last time I was there, if I have your permission."

!!!

He ASKED my brother if he could take me out on a date!

For the record, a guy has NEVER asked me on an official date. I went out with a guy for a year and we only went out to dinner once and it was for my birthday and not quite even a date. So this is pretty exciting for me. And just that he asked my brother for permission.

!!

Ok. Squeal over. GREAT! Well at least I have 2 months to get skinny! I'd love to be between 95 and 90 then. That'd be killer. <3>

2 comments:

pagesofsweetpeas. said...

so while reading that i got a little giggly & squeely & overly-girly (which is so not like me) because there's no other way to put that than so dam cute!
staystrong, page.

Kat said...

Are you done with blogger or just absent? I can't get the hang of tumblr at all. I don't mean to be annoying, I just miss you. I'll shoot you an emails soon=]
~Cora