Tuesday, August 10, 2010

7:08pm

I'm embarking on a religious fast for the next 6 weeks. Anyone is welcome to join me if you wish, for religious or other reasons.

Week 1: This one is rather simple, with just elimination of all caffeine. That includes coffee, tea, soda (even decaffeinated), and chocolate. Also, in addition, keep a glass of water with you at all times.

I'll keep you updated on what the other weeks contain as I come upon them. I will be starting tomorrow.

This one's about a dream
I had last night
How an old man tracked me home
And stepped inside
Put his foot inside the door
And gave a crooked smile
Something in his eyes
Something in his laugh
Something in his voice
That made my skin crawl off.
He said I've seen you here before
I know you're name.
How you could have your pick
Of pretty things.
You could have it all
Everything at once
Everything you need
Everything you've seen
Everything you've ever had in fantasy

You've one life, you've one life
You've one life left to leave.

I woke up from my dream
As a golden man
With a girl I've never seen
With golden skin
I jumped up to my feet
She asked me what was wrong
I began to scream
I don't think this is me
Is this just a dream or really happening

You've one life, you've one life
You've one life left to lead

I looked outside the glass
At golden shores
With golden ships and masts
And golden cords
As my reflection passed
I hated what I saw
The golden eyes were dead
And a thought passed through my head
A heart that's made of gold can't really beat at all

I wanted to wake up again
Without a touch of gold.

No comments: